CCIH began in 1987 as a forum for Christians concerned about global health to discuss areas of mutual interest. Today they are a diverse network of organizations and individuals from across the globe.
Mission: to promote international health and wholeness from a Christian perspective.
CCIH serves Christians and others working in international health as it:
- facilitates networking among Christian organizations and individuals;
- relates to secular and government international health programs;
- shares information and experiences;
- promotes interagency cooperation;
- raises awareness and advocates on key international health issues;
- provides a forum for discussion;
- promotes Christian health work in developing countries; and
- engages with students interested in Christian international health.